CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Favorite "L" things...

Okay, another idea that I got from my friend Bethany's blog. If you'd like to read hers (and I highly recommend it!), you can find it at HappyascanB. Anyway, this is a fun little alphabet game, and I'm supposed to list my favorite things that start with the letter "L". B assigned me this letter because I live in and love the Lowcountry!



You can play along, too! If you want to participate, leave a comment on this post and I will assign you a letter. You then write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned letter and post them on your blog (on on your facebook "notes" if you don't have a blog). When people comment on your posted list, you give them a letter and the chain continues on and on. Fun, right?




Okay...here are some of my favorite things, brought to you by the letter "L".



1. Let's go with the obvious, and start with The Lowcountry... I just love it here! We're close to the river, we're close to the beach, we have the most amazing sunsets, and warm-ish weather pretty much year round! We're right between Savannah and Charleston (two of my very favorite cities!) What's not to love??? Oh, yeah, the sand gnats. But, I'll take 'em as long as I get to stay in Bluffton!

2. Lilly Pulitzer....yeah, her stuff is expensive, but something about those bright, funky prints makes me fall in love every time! I love them on the girls, and they are such high quality clothes that they are one of the few things that make it through all three of them. Lilly is one of the many things that I shop for on eBay.

3. Lime...yum, yum, yum, yummy, yum! I love lime...I love Key Lime pie, lime in my Diet Coke, and the coconut lime stuff from Bath & Body Works, but I especially love lime in my beer. I used to think that my favorite beer was a Corona...then I discovered (on a ski trip to Colorado) that I didn't really love the beer, I loved the lime in the beer. And I've been a "fruit the beer" convert ever since (my favorites are Coors Light and Michelob Ultra). I've turned most of my friends on to this, and now, when we have a party, there's almost always a bowl of lime slices next to the beer! I don't, however, like the lime flavored beer or diet coke...only the real stuff for me, thanks!


4. Ladies' Night Out...My fun little group of girl friends does a "Ladies Night Out" once a month, and it's one of my very favorite social outings, and something that I rarely miss! It's fun, low key, and relaxing. We do dinner, or a movie, or just meet at the wine bar and have a few cocktails. We've painted pottery, had a karaoke party, and also do a "Girl's Weekend" to Daufuskie Island once a year. This group of ladies is spectacular, and is made up of some of my most favorite people in the world. We're all different, but get along great. There's just something about a night out with friends...no husbands, no kids...just girls! Fun, fun!


5. Little girls...I know that it's pretty obvious that I adore my three little princesses! I love the sweetness, the prissy-ness, the big bows, the dress up clothes, and the pink, princess, sparkly-ness of little girls. I was made to be a girl mommy, and I love every minute of it!


6. Love...I'm a total fool for love! I love love...everything about it, and confess that I am a total romantic. I'm a sucker for champagne and candlelight. I love love songs, love stories, romantic movies, and love notes. I love Valentine's Day, and anniversaries. I love hearing the story of how people met and fell in love. I just love love!



7. Lamps....and candlelight, too. I really like soft lighting, and rarely have the bright, overhead lights on in my house, unless I need them for something specific (like cleaning or working on the computer). Every room has lamps. I'm told that it's an interior decorator's "secret" to use "soft, adjacent" lighting, but I really just don't like bright lights! I like the softer, calmer look of lamp light. Dow says that I'm nuts, but I think he secretly likes it, too.



8.Laughing.... I love to laugh. I love funny jokes, emails, movies, books, etc...I really have a very silly sense of humor, and dumb jokes are my specialty. I love that laughing-so-hard-you-get-tears-in-your-eyes-and almost-wet-your-pants feeling. The best!



9. Laying out....Okay, I know that "laying out" is something that we never get to do anymore, but I swear, it's one of my favorite things. I'm not an idiot, and I'm a huge fan of sunscreen, so the "laying out" isn't really for the tan anymore. There's just something about laying at the beach or by the pool with a cold drink in my hand and a magazine or fluff novel to page through. I love the thought that the most important thing that I have to do that day is flip!



10. Lazy weekends...I love it when I have nothing to do. I look forward to those cold, rainy weekends when you just bundle up and stay in. I look forward to and am pleasantly surprised by the days when you can stay in your pj's, play board games, read books, and sit by the fire all day. I love it when I'm still drinking coffee at noon, and when we have breakfast for dinner (because that's the only thing in the house!) Lazy weekends are the best!



Come on, y'all! Play along...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
These are wonderful! You described yourself so well! I Love (with a capital L) that I am your friend and am a richer person from knowing and loving you! Keep writing!
J.

Heather said...

I'll give it a shot.. what's my letter? Make it easy, no x,y,or z. :)

HappyascanB said...

Yay! What good things you have here! I know now why I love and admire YOU, too! Thanks for the shout-out, too!!!