CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet dreams...sweeter prayers!

Overheard last night while Emma was saying her prayers:



"Now I lay me down to sleep,


I pray the Lord I'm supposed to keep.


Watch me safely 'froo the night


And wake me with good morning light.


A-men-a."


I guess that she just heard what she wanted to hear, and has been repeating it that way for who knows how long. How sweet is that? I love that she changed it to "the Lord I'm supposed to keep." Isn't that so true? Aren't we "supposed to keep" the Lord first in our lives, always? And my absolute favorite part is "wake me with good morning light." Sweet Emma just assumes that when she wakes in the morning, and sees the sunlight, it's going to be a good day! I think that will be my evening prayer from now on! With a little, fancy "A-men-a" for good measure!

1 comments: